Patient participation is a special partnership forum between patients, GPs and the Practice management. This is an essential relationship and results in high quality and responsive care. Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) work in partnership with their practices to:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services and quality of care.
- Foster improved communication between the practice and patients.
- Provide practical support for all and help to implement change.
- Help patients to take more responsibility for their health.
All patients of the Practice are eligible to join the Patient Participation Group (OMP-PPG). If you are enthusiastic about the surgery and can spare a little time each quarter please become a member of our PPG.
Each quarter OMP-PPG holds open public meetings. At these forums information and experiences are shared. The committee of volunteers takes forward ideas on member’s behalf and liaises with the Practice. This develops a primary care service that works better for everyone.
If you wish to become a member please contact us via email@example.com to join. We will provide you with further information about membership and benefits in our welcome mail.
The PPG also has a notice board at the surgery with contact details and other information.
2018 Committee Members
The following members were elected to the PPG committee at the 2018 AGM. Their specialist roles are shown.
- Jacqueline Thibault – Chair
- Peter Packer – Deputy Chair & Information
- Richard Harvey –
- Pamela Nevitte – Pharmacy & prescriptions
- Maggie McLester – Hearing & recruitment
- Angela Saunders – End of Life
- Joyce Wells – Elderly care & dementia
- Vacant – Mental health & carers
- Vacant – Secretary
OMP patients can contact any of the above via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings information, dates & venue.
- All OMP patients are welcome at public meetings.
- PPG members are welcome to attend committee meetings by arrangement.