Patient participation is a unique partnership between patients, GPs and their practice which is essential to and results in high quality and responsive care.
Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) work in partnership with their practices to:
- Help patients to take more responsibility for their health.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services and quality of care.
- Foster improved communication between the practice and its patient.
- Provide practical support for the practice and help to implement change.
All patients of the Practice are eligible to join the Patient Participation Group, so if you are enthusiastic about the surgery and have a few hours to spare each quarter please think about becoming a member of our PPG. The PPG also has a notice board at the surgery with contact details and information about meetings and events in foyer of the surgery
If you wish to become a virtual member or a fully involved member please contact our PPG (details below) who can provide you with further information about membership.
2017 Committee Members
The following members were elected to the PPG committee at the 2017 AGM. Their specialist roles are shown.
- Jacqueline Thibault – Chair
- Peter Packer – Deputy Chair & Information
- Pat Ellis – Publicity
- Pamela Nevitte – Pharmacy & prescriptions
- Maggie McLester – Hearing & recruitment
- Angela Saunders – End of Life
- Joyce Wells – Elderly care & dementia
- Vacant – Mental health & carers
- Vacant – Secretary
OMP patients can contact any of the above via our email address: email@example.com
- Meetings information, dates & venue.
- All OMP patients are welcome at public meetings.
- PPG members are welcome to attend committee meetings by arrangement.